Perfect fields at the Jack Allen Complex in Decatur AL
Incredible diversity of competition and levels of play!
International Competition included for 6th year! College Showcase Matches highlighted again!
PSS welcomes your team to apply for participation in the OPEN CUP. This is an AYSA and USYSA sanctioned tournament and will have over 300 soccer teams from many states and international teams. The event offers USYSA affiliated Premier, Challenge, Classic, and Academy level U9-U19 girls and boys competitive soccer opportunities. There will be a minimum of 2 divisions per age division/gender – an elite level of play and 1-2 competitive divisions tiered lower.
The split weekend format will provide:
- more teams the opportunity to play in the Open Cup - every year has been a sell-out
- more teams allow for more divisions per age group to allow for Gold, Silver, and Bronze for a variety of competitive level
- split weekend allows for All games on Fri and Sat to be at the famed Jack Allen Complex with only consolation matches on Sunday at 2nd locations
- Boys weekend: with international teams and teams from all over the midwest and south again- Every year we get some of the top international teams from places such as Brazil, Mexico, El Salvador, and the Caribbean.
- Boys weekend: this will be a Boys College Recruiting Showcase for the U16-19s.
- Girls weekend: this will be a Girls College Recruiting Showcase for the U16-19s.
- Trophies will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place.
- Gatorade and Water at every field. Gatorade Protein Refueling stations provided for post game recovery for free!
- StreamSports will provide professional video services to any U15 and younger teams interested in game packages (U16+ is provided by the tournament for free) https://www.streamsports.com/
NEW COLLEGE RECRUITING OPPORTUNITIES! with Partners: STREAMSPORTS and CAPTAIN U https://www.streamsports.com/
We have partnered with STREAMSPORTS to provide professionally filmed video game films for ALL Under 16 to Under 19 matches at the OPEN CUP in 2017 for FREE! There will be no additional expense for teams and all teams will receive access to all of their matches. Team line-ups and schematics with be provided for all matches and organized for college coaches around the country. NOW- FOR THE FIRST TIME- college coaches will not have to travel to the tournament and decide which matches to see and not see. All matches will be provided to college coaches around the country. All matches will be provided to teams and players to promote to any colleges that they choose after the tournament as well. This will be the resource that you can use for the remainder of your college recruiting process!
Captain U will be providing a list of interested Universities in the games films for both boys and girls teams; but, you will have the ability to provide the matches to any college programs that you want.
Early Registration Deadline and Discount Ends: December 20th
Regular Registration Deadline: March 5th
Final round of acceptances/ waitlists notices: March 18th
Fees: Regular Registration FEES (after Dec 20)
Under 9-Under 10 $565
Under 11-Under 12 $595
Under 13-Under 15 $695
Under 16- Under 19 $945 (include STREAMSPORTS matches filmed and recruiting program)
NEW 2017 Early Registration Prices will be available till December 20
Acceptance Procedures: Note: Upon applying and being confirmed as an accepted teams, registration refunds for withdrawals will not be given.
Teams will begin play on either Friday night or Saturday morning. Teams traveling from the Nashville TN, Chattanooga TN, Birmingham AL, Tupelo MS, or nearby areas may be scheduled to play on Friday night time slots. Friday night timeslots will not start before 630pm. Teams from the Greater Huntsville AL area may be scheduled on Friday night. All teams competing in U13+ Gold Divisions (top flight) with international teams should be prepared for Friday night matches regardless of home city. Teams would have the option of declining the Gold flight placement and move to the silver flight if desired in this situation.
NOTE: Weekend long parking permits will be issued onsite. This will be valid for the entire tournament. The cost will be $10. Each team will be provide three (3) complimentary parking passes. This is for the Parks and Rec department and maintenance of the complex.
Competition will be at a premium and there will be top flight competition as well as 2nd and 3rd tier levels of play to give most teams the right level of competition. As always, diversity of competition is a priority at the Open Cup.
The tournament’s housing service is the housing bureau to serve your tournament accommodation needs.
All traveling teams are required to use the tournament housing system for their hotel needs as a requirement of participation in the tournament. The Decatur Convention and Visitor's Bureau will be providing this services for the tournament. Team managers can set up a block for their team by contacting Dolores Powell at 800-524-6181 or e-mail at email@example.com.
• Players may only be registered on one team.
• Teams are limited to a maximum of 12/ 16/18/ 22 players depending on age. See Permission to Host.
• Teams are limited to 5 guest players with the following requirements:
The team maximum roster size may not be exceeded.
Each guest player must have a laminated current USYSA player pass or appropriate national association pass and medical release forms.
Guest players must be listed on the proper state association guest player roster form.
U19 January 1, 1997 and younger
U18 January 1, 1999 and younger
U17 January 1, 2000 and younger Note: The tournament director reserves
U16 January 1, 2001 and younger the right to combine age divisions if a
U15 January 1, 2002 and younger smaller number of applicants are received
U14 January 1, 2003 and younger for a particular age group.
U13 January 1, 2004 and younger
U12 January 1, 2005 and younger
U11 January 1, 2006 and younger
U10 January 1, 2007 and younger
U9 January 1, 2008 and younger
Every effort will be made to accommodate scheduling requests. Include requests on the tournament application.
Coaches with 2 teams in the tournament will be accommodated to the best of the ability of the tournament and scheduling. Please note the teams being coached. Coaches with 3 teams should expect some time conflicts and plan accordingly.