Premier Soccer Services hosts 4th Annual The Open Cup
April 10-12, 2015 Girls
April 17-19, 2015 Boys
The Best Spring tournament in the South-
2nd to none
Perfect fields at the Jack Allen Complex in Decatur AL
Incredible diversity of competition and levels of play!
PSS welcomes your team to apply for participation in the OPEN CUP. This is an AYSA and USYSA sanctioned tournament and will have 300 soccer teams from many states and international teams. The event offers USYSA affiliated Premier, Challenge, Classic, and Academy level U9-U19 girls and boys competitive soccer opportunities. There will be a minimum of 2 divisions per age division/gender – an elite level of play and 1-2 competitive divisions tiered lower.
Exciting Improvements for 2015! The split weekend format will provide:
- more teams the opportunity to play in the Open Cup - every year has been a sell-out
- more teams allow for more divisions per age group to allow for Gold, Silver, and Bronze for a variety of competitive level
- split weekend allows for All games on Fri and Sat to be at the famed Jack Allen Complex with only consolation matches on Sunday at 2nd locations
- Boys weekend: with international teams and teams from all over the midwest and south again- we have early commitments from teams from Brazil, Bermuda, Mexico, already!
- Girls weekend: this will now be a Girls College Showcase weekend for the U15-19s with recruiting opportunities PLUS special SHOWCASE college matches for top Division 1 programs to accent the weekend!
Trophies will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place.
1st Early acceptance notices: Maximum of 50 accepted teams based on entrants at this time November 20th
Early Registration Deadline and Discount Ends: December 20th
2nd Early acceptance notices: Maximum of 140 total notices based on entrants December 22nd
3rd round of acceptance notices: Maximum of 200 total notices February 5th
Regular Registration Deadline: March 8th
Final round of acceptances/ waitlists notices: March 12h
Fees: Registration Fee (Early Registration is $75 discounted)
Under 9-Under 10 $545
Under 11-Under 12 $595
Under 13-Under 19 $695
Acceptance Procedures: Note: Upon applying and being confirmed as an accepted teams, registration refunds for withdrawals will not be given.
Teams will begin play on either Friday night or Saturday morning. Teams traveling from the Nashville TN, Chattanooga TN, Birmingham AL, Tupelo MS, or nearby areas may be scheduled to play on Friday night time slots. Friday night timeslots will not start before 630pm. Teams from the Greater Huntsville AL area may be scheduled on Friday night. All teams competing in U13+ Gold Divisions (top flight) with international teams should be prepared for Friday night matches regardless of home city. Teams would have the option of declining the Gold flight placement and move to the silver flight if desired in this situation.
NOTE: Weekend long parking permits will be issued onsite. This will be valid for the entire tournament. The cost will be $10. Each team will be provide three (3) complimentary parking passes.
Competition will be at a premium and there will be top flight competition as well as 2nd and 3rd tier levels of play to give most teams the right level of competition. As always, diversity of competition is a priority at the Open Cup.
The tournament’s housing service is the housing bureau to serve your tournament accommodation needs.
• You MUST use this service. It is MANDATORY for participation in the tournament IF your team is traveling to the tournament and using hotels. If your team is local and not traveling, this does not apply.
• Players may only be registered on one team.
• Teams are limited to a maximum of 12/ 16/18/ 22 players depending on age. See Permission to Host.
• Teams are limited to 5 guest players with the following requirements:
The team maximum roster size may not be exceeded.
Each guest player must have a laminated current USYSA player pass or appropriate national association pass and medical release forms.
Guest players must be listed on the proper state association guest player roster form.
U19 August 1, 1995 and younger
U18 August 1, 1996 and younger
U17 August 1, 1997 and younger Note: The tournament director reserves
U16 August 1, 1998 and younger the right to combine age divisions if a
U15 August 1, 1999 and younger smaller number of applicants are received
U14 August 1, 2000 and younger for a particular age group.
U13 August 1, 2001 and younger
U12 August 1, 2002 and younger
U11 August 1, 2003 and younger
U10 August 1, 2004 and younger
U9 August 1, 2005 and younger
Every effort will be made to accommodate scheduling requests. Include requests on the tournament application.
Coaches with 2 teams in the tournament will be accommodated to the best of the ability of the tournament and scheduling. Please note the teams being coached. Coaches with 3 teams should expect some time conflicts and plan accordingly.