Alabama Junior Cup 2019
Nov 23-24, 2019
RULES AND FORMAT
A. All games shall be played in accordance with the FIFA laws, except as specifically superseded by these rules.
Point System to Determine Group Winners
Win: Winning teams get 3 points.
Tie: Tying teams get 1 point each.
Loss: Losing teams get 0 points.
Group Tie breaker procedures:
1. Results of head to head competition within the group.
2. Goal Differential (4 goal Maximum per Game)
3. Least Goals Allowed (4 goal Maximum per Game)
4. Number of Shutouts
5. Most Goals Scored (4 goal Maximum per Game)
6. FIFA Penalty Kicks (at a time and location to be determined by the Tournament Director)
In the event of a 3-way tie, head to head (tie breaker procedure #1) is not used at any stage to determine the winner.
Resolving Ties Using Overtime Play
This procedure is used only for 1st place and 3rd place matches:
If the match ends in a tie, the teams will be given a five-minute rest and then two overtime periods will be played (i.e. no sudden death). This applies to all age groups.
Length of overtime periods:
Under 12 and younger: each period = 5 minutes: total time=10 minutes
Under 13 and older: each period = 10 minutes: total time = 20 minutes
If the game is still tied then PK kicks per FIFA rules will be used to determine a winner.
Players must enter from the center of the field. Substitutions may be made with the consent of the referee at the following times:
- FIFA substitution rules apply, with the exception that unlimited substitutions may be made at the
discretion of the referee. Substitution can be made at any dead ball situation, by either team, unlimited.
B. Length of Game/Ball Size
Division /Length of Game/ Ball Size
U19 to U13s 70 min. 5
U12 60 min 4 with offsides 9 vs 9 (no heading in U12/)
U11 50 min 4 with offsides 9v9 (no heading in U11)
U10 to U9s 50 min 4 with offsides 7 vs 7 (no heading permitted/ no punting permitted/
use of buildout line)
Length of Halftime : 10 minutes
Added (injury) time will be added at the discretion of the referees.
First team listed is the home team- and required to change in the case of a jersey color conflict. It is recommended that the home team wears a white/ light colored jersey and the away team wears a dark jersey.
Players sent off and/or coaches removed from a game are automatically suspended from their team’s next tournament game. Players sent off or coaches removed for fighting will not be allowed to return to the tournament. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their spectators. Coaches cannot be carded, but they can be asked to leave.
D. Spectator and Coaching Areas:
Teams are to take the same side of the field, with all parents on the opposite side. Coaching
areas extend 10 yards each side of the half way line.
Unless superseded by a ruling from the Tournament Director, or his appointed representative, there will be a 10 miinute grace period. Forfeit time is at the end of the grace period. A team must have seven or more players present in order to begin or end a match.
F. Tournament Inclement Weather Policy:
Every attempt will be made to have all matches played. Re-scheduled games may be played under lights in the evening or may be scheduled early the next morning, prior to normal starting time at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
Games will continue during rainstorms.
Games will be suspended by the referee or Tournament Director in the event of:
1. Lightning (as determined by the referee or Tournament Director)
2. Hail Storms (as determined by the referee or Tournament Director)
3. Un-playable field conditions (Determined by the referee or Tournament Director)
Tournament Director decisions are final and not subject to appeal. Re-scheduling attempts will be made
as quickly and fairly as possible, considering referee and field availability and the normal progress of the
As a final solution, it may be necessary to employ a coin toss to determine teams advancing to
semi-final and/or finals matches.
The safety of players, referees and spectators is the tournament’s primary concern followed by fairness to the affected teams and the orderly flow of competition to Divisional championships.
G. Games Suspended in the First Half:
Attempt to complete one-half of the match prior to the next scheduled game.
a. If one-half of the match is completed, the game is official and the score stands.
b. If one-half cannot be completed prior to the next scheduled game then the . . .
i. Game may be re-scheduled at the end of the day with the score at 0-0.
ii. Game may be re-scheduled before start of normal play on Sunday with the score at 0-0.
iii. Game may be canceled and FIFA kicks will be used to determine a winner. A win will be recorded as a 3-0 win and loss as a 0-3 loss.
iv. as determined by the tournament director
Matches called at Half time or during the second half will be considered as complete and final. The score at that time will stand. If the game is a semifinal or final game and ends in a tie, then use knockout round tiebreaker procedures in the rules.
Matches That Cannot Start At the Scheduled Time:
1. Teams are to remain at the site to begin the match at any point possible prior to 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the next match.
2. Attempt to play two equal halves, changing ends at mid-point with no break at the half.
3. All matches must terminate at the time designated as the starting time of the next match unless superseded but the Tournament Director.
4. If the shortened match time available is less than half of the regularly scheduled time, then the match shall be immediately determined by FIFA kicks from the Penalty Mark.
NOTE!!! In any event, teams must report to the scheduled game site prior to the scheduled starting time, ready to play and may not leave the site until the match is canceled by a Tournament Director.
information will be available at the Tournament Headquarters. Teams involved in a canceled match must have a representative check-in with the Tournament Director at the headquarters for re-scheduling information.
H. Player Equipment:
In general, Law IV of FIFA laws apply.
1. When the color of jerseys is similar or identical, the designated home team will change colors (i.e. the
team listed first on the schedule when reading from L to R, is the home team). The referee shall be the
final authority regarding the need to change.
2. Shin guards are required for all players.
1. All judgment decisions of the referee are final and binding.
2. The Tournament Committee and Director, and all sponsors and organizers, will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team or club if the tournament is cancelled in whole or part, nor will any refunds be made.
3. The Tournament Committee and Director reserves the right to decide on all matters pertaining to the tournament and its judgment is final.
4. Official state USYSA rosters or US Club Soccer or official roster governed by recognized national association, approved guest player rosters (if applicable), laminated player
identification/registration cards, and permits to travel must be presented at tournament registration. Rosters must be originals or approved copies with an original official state USYSA stamp or embossed
certification on the roster. Five (5) GUEST PLAYERS ARE PERMITTED. All players must be registered to
Rosters that are over the 18 player max can be accepted but must designate the eligible players for each match.
5. Awards for the top 3 teams (i.e. 1st & 2nd& 3rd) shall be awarded immediately following the championship game and 3rd place matches.
6. The tournament director has the ability to make decisions to changes to the tournament.
No protests are allowed.
K. Equal Rest:
Every effort to provide scheduling that provides equal rest for each team will be a primary consideration; however, the limited fields and weather conditions may prevent this from happening. In any event, the objective is to complete the tournament in the time allowed. All divisions are flighted based on the information given about your team in the application and upon Division directors’ knowledge of your team. The goal is to balance the competition as much as possible.
L. INCLEMENT WEATHER OR UNEXPECTED TERMINATION OF PLAY
Regardless of weather conditions, coaches, players and their teams must appear on the field of play as scheduled, ready to play unless notified by a member of the tournament committee. Failure to appear will result in forfeiture of the match.
Only the referee or the tournament committee or Decatur Parks and Recreation may cancel a match due to weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, the tournament committee has the authority to reschedule matches or cancel the tournament.
There are no refunds due to inclement weather cancellation of tournament matches or the tournament in whole. Every effort will be made to complete the tournament in total or partially.
There are no refunds for team withdrawing from the tournament once acceptance to the tournament has been given.